Skip to content
Continue reading “Week 15 Monday [May 4. Self-Paced; No Zoom]”
- Today: Post-Production: More Editing Skills & Practice with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Take Quiz 4 by this Sunday, May 10 via Wyocourses.
- End-of-semester check-in with the instructor via email or Zoom
- Work on Digital Video Story and or Reflection Post
- Friday: Work on Digital Video Story and or Reflection Post
Continue reading “Week 14 Friday [May 1. Self-Paced; No Zoom]”
- Post-Production: Basic Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Follow Adobe Premiere instruction videos
- Practice basic video editing
- Review Blog Post 10 Reflection and Self-Evaluation Assignment
- Next Week: (No Zoom Class This Week)
- Monday: More Editing Skills & Practice with Adobe Premiere
- Wednesday & Friday: Work on Digital Video Story and or Reflection Post
- End-of-semester check-in with the instructor about assignments or anything else. Please check in with me via email or Zoom.
Continue reading “Week 14 Monday [Apr. 27 Self-Paced; No Zoom]”
- Reminder: Please make sure you have required and acquired Adobe off-campus access and have installed Adobe Premiere on your personal computer.
- We will practice video editing with Adobe Premiere but you are allowed to use any video editing software for the video assignment.
- If you have trouble installing and using Adobe Premiere, please let me know ASAP or let me know what your alternative video editing option would be.
- Video Storytelling
- Production: Video shooting on location
- Review Blog Post 9 Digital Video Story Assignment
- This Week:
- Wednesday [ZOOM]: Guest Speaker Mary Jung, UW Video Producer/Director
- Friday: Basic Editing with Adobe Premiere. Follow instructions and instruction videos WordPress course blog and practice basic video editing.
Continue reading “Week 13 Friday [Apr. 24 Self-Paced]”
- Review Blog Post 8 Assignment
- Review Canva (free online graphic design program)
- Practice using Canva to create Instagram posts (for blog post 8)
Continue reading “Week 13 Wednesday [Apr. 22 Self-Paced]”
- Take Quiz 3 (on Social Media, Data Journalism, and Information Visualization) via Wyocourses
- Take before this Sunday, Apr. 26
- “In-Class” Time to Work on Google My Maps Project
Continue reading “Week 13 Monday [Apr. 20 Zoom]”
- 🌟Reminder: Get Adobe access, needed for next 2 weeks
- Live-tweeting practice peer review + Discuss live-tweeting ideas (if not decided)
- Visualization with Mapping
- Review the Google My Maps assignment
- Wednesday [Self-Paced]: Quiz 3 + Work on your Google My Maps
- Friday [Self-Paced]: Practice using Canva to create Instagram posts to promote your blog posts 2, 3, 4, 5, & 7.
- 🌟Option: For the video production assignment: You can work in a team of two or individually to create a video story that is between 2 and 4 minutes.
Continue reading “Week 12 Friday [Apr.17 Zoom]”
- Reminders – by this weekend (Sun. 4/19):
- Post a live-tweeting event for blog post 6 on WyoCourses
- Finish the live-tweeting practice
- Peer review on Monday, 4/20
- Screenshots and word doc are acceptable. Read the instructions before doing this practice.
- Submit the social media management critique
- From today till next week: New module 👉Data & Information Visualization in Journalism and Strategic Communication
- Today: Data journalism
- Next Week:
- Monday: Zoom on visualizing with mapping
- Wednesday: Self-paced class
- Quiz 3 on social media and information visualization (take by Sunday, Apr. 26)
- In-Class Time to Work on Blog Post 7 Google My Maps Project
- Friday: Self-paced lesson
- Review Canva
- Practice using Canva to create instagram graphic for Blog Post 8 (Instagram Promotion)
Continue reading “Week 12 Wednesday [Apr.15 Self-Paced]”
- Review the most popular tips ranked by you and your peers about using social media for journalism, PR, and advertising.
- In-class assignment: Social media management critique
- Friday: Zoom class on information visualization
Continue reading “Week 12 Monday [Apr.13 Self-Paced]”
- This Week:
- Monday & Wednesday: Self-paced learning
- Friday: Zoom
- Post the event for blog post 6 (Live Tweeting) on WyoCourses by this weekend.
- Professional Uses of Twitter
- In-Class Assignment: Practice Live Tweeting.
Continue reading “Week 11 Wednesday [4/8 Self-Paced]”
- Short write on crowdsourcing
- Today: We will review online articles that provide tips on social media for journalists, PR, and advertising careers.
- Review Blog Post 6 Live Tweeting Assignment.
- For Friday [Zoom]: Guest Lecturer, Anna Rader, Digital Media Manager at Wyoming Public Media
- Next Week:
- MW. Self-Paced Classes: Live tweeting practice on a speech on YouTube + Social media management in-class assignment
- Fri. Zoom Class: Information Visualization